The Pre Matric Scholarship will encourage parents from minority communities to send their children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to the upliftment of the socio-economic conditions of minority communities.
The Pre Matric Scholarship
The Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme has been announced by the state government from time to time to the poor students for their higher education. This is a Pre Matric Scholarship Application Form for Minority Communities issued by the Concerned Authority or it can be obtained from the concerned authority or it can be downloaded from the link given below. You can download the Pre Matric Scholarship form in PDF format in the top at this page and also download from the Official Website.
Details Required for Pre Matric Scholarship
- Applicant Details
- State/UT of Domicile
- Details of educational qualifications
- Details of course for which scholarship is being sought
- And Any Other Information.
Eligibility Criteria for Pre Matric Scholarship
- The scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of their parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs 1 lakh.
- As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited it is necessary to lay down preference for selection.
- Under this scholarship, the selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks.
- In the case of renewal applications, it would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Conditions For Pre Matric Scholarship
- The scholarship will be available to the students of minority communities studying in Classes I to X. The continuance of the award will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous examination. Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the annual examination except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the Principal/competent authority of the school and recommended by the State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- Income certificate should be on a self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of self-employed parents/guardians and from the employer for employed parents/guardians.
- Course fee/Tuition fee will be credited to the school’s/institute’s bank account. Efforts will be made for transferring it electronically through the banks.
Documents for Pre Matric Scholarship
- Application Form
- Income Certificate
- ID Proof Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the student.
- Self-attested copy of the previous academic mark sheet.
- Copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card.