The Guru-Shishya parampara, or family-based practice of ancient skills by craftsmen and craftspeople using their hands and tools, is meant to be strengthened and nurtured under the PM Vishwakarma Yojana. On August 15, 2023, Prime Minister Modi made the announcement at his Independence Day speech from the Red Fort. On August 17, the cabinet committee on economic issues accepted the plan.
The major goals of the PM Vishwakarma Scheme are to increase the quality and marketability of the goods and services provided by artisans and craftspeople and to make sure that they are integrated into both local and international value chains. A PM Vishwakarma certificate and an ID card will each be supplied to craftsmen and craftspeople under the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.In terms of financial incentives, Vishwakarmas would receive loan support up to Rs. 1 lakh (First Tranche) and Rs. 2 lakh (Second Tranche) at a 5% concessionary interest rate.
Vishwakarma Loan Application Form 2023
The online application form will be available on the official website of Vishwakarma Yojana from 17th Sep 2023. Online registration for the scheme can be done at common services centers across India.
PM Vishwakarma Beneficiaries
This PM Vishwakarma Scheme would initially benefit the 18 rural traditional artisans and craftspeople listed below.
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Goldsmith (Sonar)
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver), Stonebreaker
- Cobbler(Charmkar)/ Shoesmith/Footwear artisan
- Mason (Rajmistri)
- Basket/Mat/Broom Maker/Coir Weaver
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Benefits
- The financial outlay of Rs. 13,000 crore
- 18 Traditional trades to be covered in 1st instance
- Artisans and Craftspeople to be provided recognition with PM Vishwakarma certificate and ID Card
- Credit support upto Rs. 1 lakh (1st tranche) and Rs. 2 lahks (2nd tranche) with concessional interest rate of 5%
- Will provide Skill Upgradation, Toolkit Incentive and Incentive for DigitalTransactions and Marketing support.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility
- Applicant must be minimum 18 years of age
- Applicant must be a resident of Uttar Pradesh
- Educational Qualification is not mandatory
- Applicant has not received any benefit in respect of Toolkit from Central Government or State Government in last 2 years
- As per the scheme, the applicant or any member of his family will be eligible to apply for the scheme only once. Family means husband and wife.
- An affidavit is to be submitted for fulfilling the eligibility criteria under the scheme.
- Caste will not be the only basis for eligibility under the scheme. To get the benefits under the scheme, such persons will also be eligible who are different from the caste doing traditional workmanship. It will be mandatory for such applicants to submit a certificate issued by the village head, chairman of the town panchayat or municipality/municipal corporation as proof of being associated with traditional workmanship.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Application Form PDF Overview
|Scheme Name||PM Vishwakarma Yojana|
|Beneficiaries||Traditional Artisans and Craftspeople|
|Launch Date||15th Aug, 2023|
|Starts from||17th Aug, 2023|
|Loan Amount||1-2 lakh|
|Scheme Budget||13,000 Crore|