Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Form is an application form which is provided by the state government’s concerned department for Farmers Crop Insurance against loss from Natural Catastrophes.
Because PMFBY is a successor for NAIS and MNAIS, all services used in the implementation of the programme will not be subject to service tax. According to estimates, the new plan will guarantee farmers an insurance premium subsidy of between 75 and 80 percent.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Form Objectives
- There will be a uniform premium of only 2% to be paid by farmers for all Kharif crops and 1.5% for all Rabi crops. In the case of annual commercial and horticultural crops, the premium to be paid by farmers will be only 5%.
- The premium rates to be paid by farmers are very low and the balance premium will be paid by the Government to provide a full insured amount to the farmers against crop loss on account of natural calamities.
- There is no upper limit on Government subsidy. Even if the balance premium is 90%, it will be borne by the Government.
- Earlier, there was a provision of capping the premium rate which resulted in low claims being paid to farmers. This capping was done to limit the Government outgo on the premium subsidy. This capping has now been removed and farmers will get a claim against the full sum insured without any reduction.
- The use of technology will be encouraged to a great extent. Smartphones will be used to capture and upload data of crop cutting to reduce the delays in claim payment to farmers. Remote sensing will be used to reduce the number of crop cutting experiments.
Documents for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Form
- Identity proof of the farmer such as PAN card, driving license, voter ID card, passport, Aadhaar card.
- Address proof like driving license, voter ID card, passport, or Aadhaar card
- Photocopy of field Khasra number/account number is required.
- You must present evidence of the crop’s planting in the field.
- A canceled cheque is required along with all the papers.
Eligibility criteria for PMFBY
- Farmers in the notified area who possess a Crop Loan account/KCC account (called as Loanee Farmers) to whom credit limit is sanctioned/renewed for the notified crop during the crop season.
- Such other farmers whom the Government may decide to include from time to time.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Form PDF Download
You can download the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) Form in PDF format using the link given at the top of this article.